Sunday, October 2, 2011

BRAVE! Week 3: Undisciplined!






Week Three  UNDISCIPLINED!  
Hmmmmmmmmm!  Wonder if this is only a problem for me?(Being that it's Sunday Evening I have only completed through day 4 and I have started this post three or four times only to get distracted by other things!) Apparently not! I have heard from of few others in our study that they too are a little undisciplined this week.  Thankfully, God is BIG enough to change us! God can change every lack of discipline in our lives and be the strength we have not known.   




Day 1:  We are not alone!  Check out Romans 7: 15, 18-19, 21-23 


In Romans 7 24:25 Paul gives us  all hope, Who will rescue me (insert your name here) from this body of death? (this death is our personal struggle in not doing the good we desire) Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! 


Day 2:  The Spirit Helps us! I Love this!  It's ok not to know what or even how to pray, the Holy Spirit will do that for us!  I love this verse in Romans, but never really thought of it as a verse that dealt with being undisciplined, more for when I am worn out or facing a thorn like the past two weeks studies but it fits so very perfectly here this week when I am severely struggling with being disciplined. Here it is 


Romans 8:26-28 The Message:  26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good

I love the prayer Angela includes for this day:
 Lord, I am weak.  Facebook, Pintrest, Blogger (fill in your blank) have a ridiculous control over me.  And now the Spirit is going to pray for me because I don't know what to do.  




Day 3: Living on Fire!   Who inspires you to live more passionately? I can't answer this question with one name.  For me it's many different people that inspire me in different ways.  I think the common thing they all have is a Passion for following God's plan for their life.  now I know it took time and work to follow that plan so that gives me hope that with the proper training I too can live a life on fire.  


Becoming a more disciplined woman will require training, commitment, sacrifice, and focus.


1Corinthians 9:24-27:  
 Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. 26 Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly, or box like one who beats the air. 27 Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified



The power to live a disciplined life is already in you!  


God, make me a disciplined woman.  I want all of the blessings that come from choosing to follow the Spirit.  I want to live on fire! For Your glory and for Your name.  Oh Lord, train me. Teach me. Remind me. Nudge me. Rebuke me. I know you haven't given up on me, but Lord, help me not to give up on myself.  I Love you and I need you!  Amen






Day 4: A word to the LAZY 


The Bible has a lot to say about about sluggards (lazy people), we need to be on guard to not become one of them, or allow their traits to to ever have a place in our hearts.  
How do we do this?  These 10 steps are a great place to start! 
1. Start with small things
2. Get yourself organized
3. Don't constantly seek to be entertained
4. Be on time
5.  Keep your word
6. Do the most difficult tasks first4
7. Finish what you start
8. Accept correction
9. Practice self-denial
10. Welcome responsibility






Day 5: He is my strength 


No matter how weak you are or how undisciplined you have been, dependence on God changes everything.   The victory over our lack of discipline will be won when we realize this one thing: We must maintain an intimate, consistent, dependence on the Spirit of God inside us.   He is able. We are not.  He is strong.  We are undisciplined.  He is consistent. We are wishy-washy.    The more you train yourself to be dependent on God, the more He bears His fruit in your life.   


Galatians 5: 22-26 (The Message)
 22-23But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

 23-24Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified.
 25-26Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original



The Lord knows our needs, weaknesses, and propensity toward a lack of discipline.  But He has made a way: When we obey the Spirit, God's strength is set free inside of us. 




Praying for you today! 


Have a Beautiful Day!


Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment