Sunday, September 25, 2011

BRAVE! Week 2: Thorns Summary

Thorns nobody likes them, however I have come to acknowledge that I can not grow closer to God if I am constantly holding on to this thorn trying to "fix" it myself.  



Day 1:  The Pain of a Thorn


The problem with thorns is that they can hide unseen, and no one wants to feel the jab of their pain. 




2 Corinthians 12:7-9 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
 8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.




Day 2: The Barbs of a Thorn


~Cannot be removed by your own Power~
2 Corinthians 12:8 Three times I begged the Lord to take it away.

~The originator of the thorn is satan~
2 Corinthians 12:7  Even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.


~A Thorn torments the soul with pain and doubt~
KNOW THIS: God may allow a thorn, but scripture teaches us  that what Satan means for evil, God can use for good.  (Genesis 5:20)


Day 3: The Barbs of a Thorn (Part 2)
~A thorn leaves discouragement into your heart~


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.



Philippians 4:6-7



 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus






1 Peter 5:7


7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

~The Piercing of a thorn produces weakness~


2 Corinthians 12:9


9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

~God decides when to remove a thorn~

Day 4: Humility
Philippians 4:12-13
12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less!

Accepting our thorns leads us toward true humility

Day 5: Sufficient Grace

Maybe the ability to accomplish  God's tasks does not rely on our adequacy or even our comfort but in God's ability to perfect His power in our weakness


Ladies It's my prayer that your will embrace your thorns even when they feel like their is no relief in sight.  And that God's Grace will be enough!

Have a Beautiful Day! 

Christina








No comments:

Post a Comment