Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BRAVE! Week 5: I am Invisible!

I know it's two weeks late but with my surgery, and the Hubby's, then me getting sick, I've been a little busy! :) I hope you understand!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Feeling invisible isn't unusual for us women, or atleast the ones I talk to! At times we all feel like we are invisible to those around us! This weeks lesson was very real to me! I have many times times felt the sting of being invisible!







Day 1: UNSEEN
~I have many times unfairly compared myself to someone else.  Her gifts. Her life. Her skinny jeans. Everytime I do it, I always lose my mind.~ 

When we feel unseen/invisible we do a few things
1.  Striving~ trying to hard, talking to much, etc...
2.  Sulking~ I'm not good enough, giving up
3.  Seeking~ Seek first the kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

You don't have to choose striving or sulking instead God is telling us to seek Him!


Day 2: RUNNING. AWAY! 
Check out Genesis 16. We learn a little about Hagar.

~Hagar was in despair, hopeless, weary, alone, a woman in a male-dominated culture, pregnant, rejected, cast out after being used, surely feeling no one cared for her. No one understood.~
Hagar honey I have felt this way many a times! <3 
Now I've never actually packed a bag an ran away! But I have wanted to!  


The Hurt and disappointment lie to you and call you invisible!  God says you are seen! 


Psalm 121:3-8 He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD watches over you—    the LORD is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—    he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

DAY 3: THE GOD WHO SEES

 GOD SEES YOU! 
I know God is here.  He sees me.  He is guiding me.  He LOVE'S Me! (you too!) 


You hear O'Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. Psalm 10:17

My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19


I believe God sees our heartache and our pain, and He desires to  intervene in our lives with mercy, instruction, and promise.  


Cast your burden on the Lord releasing the weight of it and He will sustain you; He will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved made to slip, fall, or fail. Psalm 55:22


Day 4: YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE TO GOD


Trusting in the presences of God everyday is a very brave thing to do.  


Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 
Psalm 9:10 For you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you 

God never forsakes any who call out to Him, He sees your pain and does not turn away. 


The most important thing Hagar did was to respond to God's instructions with obedience.  I can't imagine how she felt when she was told to return.  But her obedience is what stands out to me!  I want to be that obedient! (I try!)


Obedience: The act or instance of submitting to the restraint or command of an authority: compliance with the demands or requests of someone over us.  


Obedience to God is our faith in action, the overflow of our love and gratitude.  


Obedience to God = Blessing
Disobedience = Consequences 
Hagar was obedient, and God blessed her.


Day 5: LIVING IN HIS SIGHT


Am I only a God  nearby, declares the Lord, and not a God far away?  Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord.  Do not I fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.  Jeremiah 23:23-24 


God is glorified when we live every day aware and changed by His presence.  


1. Because God sees, let us live in obedience. 
~The woman who understands God's Love for her wants to honor God's Love with her obedience.   
You are my friends if you do what I command John 15:14


2. Because God sees, let us live with hearts set on God
~A woman devoted to  God will be led, redirected, protected, guided, and blessed along the way.
Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God. 1 Chronicles 22:19


Everything-and I mean everything- that you need comes from a devoted relationship to God.  


3.  Because God sees,  let us live with expectancy and hope.
~Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20


4. Because God sees, let us live gratefully.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men, for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.  Psalm 107:8-9


Our God Sees. 
He Directs. 
He Goes with us.
 He Promises.
 Let us Live like women who know God Sees!

Have a Beautiful Day!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment