Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scars

Today I am sharing part of my story, I don't do this for you to pity me but in hopes that it will be an encouragement to you.  This past summer at Middle School Camp we were talking about scars and comparing our scars.  I have a few, that  you can see one on my left arm and two on my right foot from a car accident I was in in 2005. I have some scars you cant see, they are inside.  I didn't grow up in a christian home, and there was no talk of God.  I grew up in a home filled with angry words, and flying fists. For a very long time I thought everybody knew my secret.  You see when a child hears they are stupid or won't amount to anything they believe it!  I felt ugly inside and out! I had no hope of being anything of any value to anyone. I looked to the world to find value and worth and it filled me with more lies... Be prettier, be thiner, be smarter... be better... be  more!  I couldn't do any of these things but I tried, boy did I try.  I so wanted to be loved, to feel loved, and I did whatever it took.  I did whatever it took to get that love...but I never felt completely satisfied with it, it was never enough.  I was all alone even when I was surrounded by people. 

It wasn't until after I was married that I learned true love, and it wasn't from my husband (he did/does show me love), it was different an unconditional love like I had never knew before.  I was 21 when I first met Jesus.  I tried to "fake it" like I had done with people in the world for so long, but He saw right threw me. He (Jesus) saw threw to the ugly, brokeness, and loved me anyway! He began to heal those scars, that no one else could see.  He took away the pain, the hurt that was caused by those scars.

Psalm 147: 3-5 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.
 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.


I love this scripture because it reminds me that I am not alone!  He (God) binds up, bandages those scars those wounds I have and heals them!  He counts and knows the names of all the stars and He knows me, calls me by my name.  I never thought I deserved His Love, His Healing, but He showed me I did. 

He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by His wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5) 

       His scars take away ours!  His Love is enough!

This past few weeks, I have been feeling the pull to share this with other women, because when I look at you I see the hurts so many of us still hold on to, the scars that just won't seem to fade and it breaks my heart.  It breaks my heart, that many women don't feel they deserve this healing.  Can I tell you, you do!  You have a God who love's you!  Who cherishes you, and wants you to know His unconditional Love. His Love brings a healing that only God can.  My prayer is that you will seek this healing out, that you will allow God to bind up your wounds, no matter how dirty or ugly they are. That His Hope will replace those scars.

Know you are Loved, Though of & Prayed for!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment