Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's not what she said it's how she lived!

Ok as I sit here I am washing a final load of clothes as I will be on my way tomorrow morning to a weekend Women's Retreat, I was thinking about someone very special in my life, my Aunt Teresa. She is who lead me to my Relationship with the Lord. Without her I would not be here today. Anyway I thought I'd share a little about that. It was through her death that I really saw her faith in God. You see she had Lupus, and had been sick for a very long time. In fact the last few months of her life she was bedridden, barley eating or doing much of anything, except praying. She kept a notebook, prayer journal, she would write out her prayers, that I would later read after her death in 1999. Through her death she remained faithful and never cursed God for her pain and suffering, I am not sure many could do this. The last two years of her life, were the hardest for her physically but she endured continued to pray (mostly for others) and showed us (her family) what it meant to Love like Jesus loved. While reading some of her prayer journals and her bible, I began to feel like I had finally found what I was looking for, and it was then that I saw that Jesus could be in my life to. Now don't get me wrong I was a "good" person, lived a "good" life but I always felt like something was missing, but could never quite figure out what it was. You see My Aunt never forced Jesus, or church or religion on us but she lived the life! It was through the way she lived her life that brought me to a relationship with Christ. And now 10 years later I am growing closer to God each day and trying to share His Love with others (using the pain of my past to help others), thanks to the Life of one Brave, Beautiful Woman. Who shared God's Love with you? I look forward to the time I will be able to see her again, and Hope she knows how much of an impact she had on me. I hope we will all remember that we to have a chance to change lives the same way, just by sharing the Love God has for us with others! So will you do it?

Have a Beautiful Day
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment